Dawn Foods uncovered the Top 8 consumer trends impacting bakery businesses, and here we’re taking a closer look at each one. For our sixth trend, we’re digging into Transparency 360, which showcases the consumer desire to support businesses that espouse positive social values and stewardship.
Keep Your Eye on the Bigger Picture
Do you have customers interested in learning what your corporate values are?
Today, consumers are focused on buying from those businesses whose values align to bigger picture ideals that impact the world. Anything from supporting local communities to employing sustainable practices that reduce environmental impact, can be the tipping point for the modern customer when deciding which brands deserve their loyalty.
Trend Talk - A Closer Look at Transparency 360
Today, authenticity is critical to lasting success. With more access to the brands we love than ever before, being a company that stands for something matters. Customers want to see behind the curtain to understand how you give back, where you buy your ingredients and supplies, and how you treat the communities you’re a part of.
Conscious choices are becoming the norm for how consumers shop. They want to feel good about the products they purchase and they expect overall peace of mind about how their hard-earned dollars are spent.
What This Means For Your Bakery - Shine a Light on Sustainability
How does Transparency 360 connect to your operations? There are small steps you can take to ensure your values reflect your customers’ priorities.
Support local charities that matter to your employees and share the results of your efforts on your website, social media and other public touch points
- Understand the story of your ingredients – the farms they start with, how they are processed, and the journey to your bakery. If they are sustainable, be sure to share this. And if they are not sustainable, consider alternatives
- Think about earmarking profits from a specific product to a cause your customers care about. Ask for suggestions or hold a contest and align with the cause that customers have the most heart for
Research at the Ready - The Three Key Data Nuggets You Need to Know
- 66% overall and 73% of Millennials are wiling to pay more for a product if it comes from a socially responsible brand
- More than half of consumers are influenced by sustainability in their buying decisions
- Millennials want to know that companies they buy from are committed to ethical business practices. They are demanding open policies about corporate citizenship
What's the Bottom Line?
Customers want to know what you care about and that you care about what matters to them. Share your values, connect with your community, and communicate all of it to consumers. They want to hear what you’re up to.
Try this Trend Now
If you’re ready to celebrate Transparency 360, here’s a RECIPE for home grown donuts you can integrate into your bakery case mix. It’s easy, tastes great and will help show your customers just how much you care.