What you'll need
02467456 Balance Strawberry Filling 35#
02465913 Dawn Balance Cleaner Ingredients Chocolate Cake Mix 50#
02467547 Dawn Balance Cleaner Ingredients White Buttercreme Style Icing 28#
Freeze dried sliced strawberries
Strawberry Rhubarb Faultline Cake
How to make the filling:
- Place 4oz granulated sugar, 2oz water, and 1 pound diced rhubarb in a pan, bring to a boil. Turn down heat to simmer, simmer, stirring often for about 10 minutes until rhubarb is softened. Cool completely.
- Mix cooled rhubarb mixture with 2 pounds strawberry filling.
How to make the cake:
- Mix cake according to manufacturer’s instructions. Deposit 1 pound cake batter into a sprayed and papered 8-inch cake pan. Repeat three times to make 4 layers total. Bake at 350F until cake springs back lightly when touched. Let cool completely.
- Once cooled, trim the bellies of each cake, saving them for other uses. Place one cake round on a cake board, pipe buttercream around the edges. Using a #4 grey scoop, place one scoop rhubarb strawberry filling on the cake round and spread to edges and place another cake round on top. Repeat with the next layers to make a 4 layer cake. Add dowels for internal support.
- Crumb coat with buttercream. Place freeze dried sliced strawberries around the middle of the crumb coated cake. Place buttercream in a piping bag with a straight tip and pipe an “edge” on the top and bottom of the sliced strawberries. Smooth ice, being careful to leave the berries exposed.
- Mix luster dust with alcohol to make “paint” and paint the edges of buttercream around the strawberries and along the top of the cake with the mixture. Make rhubarb peels and top the cake with rhubarb peels and fresh flowers.