Trend Talk - To Know Me Is To Sell To Me
The adage of one size fitting all is not true for today. From personalised interfaces on Amazon or Netflix to the ability to design our own shoes on nike.com, we expect to be catered to more than ever before.
Consumer centric automation and the use of smart technology are quickly becoming more about the lifestyle we want to live than about function. Things like all-in-one product codes, responsive beer labels, editable slogan apparel, wearables like Fitbit and Apple Watch, and recipe apps like Yummy have helped to create a world where we can track ourselves and share who we are with the brands we love.
What This Means For Your Bakery - Know The Customers
How do you show your customers you truly know who they are and what they want?
• Track customer purchases so you can update people with personalised communications on new products, sales, or features that align with their purchasing behaviours
• Think about having special events where customers can create their own desserts or explore with flavours they love, ending with their own creation that reflects who they are
• Allow for a certain level of customisation on regular menu items. Does it make sense for customers to have options for selecting glazes or toppings for donuts? Encouraging them to finish their donuts in store is a smart way to provide personal attention and experiences
Research at the Ready – The Three Key Data Nuggets You Need to Know
When thinking about how to make experiences feel individualised for your customers, consider these important facts.
• 73 percent of consumers want some type of personalisation
• This growth in personalisation is driven by the wide adoption of technology with younger generations, like mobile apps and smart device drives
• Personalised food service encourages more involved buying behaviours and boosts engagement by targeting specific ages, genders or ethnicities
Try This Trend Now
If you’re ready to get started, begin with this unique recipe for Injected Donuts (even better at Halloween!) and ask your customers to pick their fillings and toppings to add their own special flavour touches.
We’re looking at Just For Me, the trend that touts the importance of personalisation and customised experiences.
Show Me You Know Me
Don’t you love it when a company shares products, they curated just for you?
Everyone appreciates the feeling of being known. And this is especially true when we’re talking about the brands we love. Nothing feels quite as special as getting an email with products picked with you in mind. And with technology taking over, personal connections are becoming even more important. No one wants to feel surrounded by the mass produced, impersonal world we’ve created. While technology can feel cold and distant, it’s becoming sophisticated enough to build customised connections based on our decisions and behaviours. People now expect companies to know them and provide a level of personalisation that would have once seemed impossible.