A good old traditional British summer dessert, you simply can’t go wrong with a trifle. Why not add a twist and adapt the flavours, or try the competition-winning Lemon and Amaretto trifle recipe created by Jemma:
- Swiss roll sponge filled with jam and custard
- Lemon curd, St Clementine’s jelly, mandarin coulis
- Cream, fruits and chocolate bark to top it off
Other inspiration from the recent Jubilee bakery competition finalists:
- Passionfruit and Thyme Frangipane Tart
- Jubilee Bundt Cake
- Rose Falooda Cake
- Four Nations Pudding.
Whatever you decide to make, be sure to enjoy all the celebrations and sweet treats this Platinum Jubilee Weekend!!
Torte Mousse Layers red, white and blue cake
- Red velvet cake layers soaked in a simple syrup
- White crème mousse layers
- Dawn Delifruit Blueberry layer
- Topped with blueberry compote
Platinum Lemon Fondant Fancies
- Dawn Crème Cake Base with Lemon Fruit Concentrate
- Lemon coulis
- Dawn Decorgel Neutral Glaze
- Silver colouring and/or spray
- White Icing for piping decorations
Note: You can flood the fancies with white icing instead of using a sugar paste, then make a drip effect after the icing has set. To make them more elegant you can cover the drips with the silver colouring or spray.