- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl fitted with a beater and mix for 1 minute on slow speed and then 2 minutes on medium speed
- Deposit 500g of the mixture into prepared 8" round tins
- Bake at 175ºC for 30-35 minutes
- Beat the butter for 5-8 minutes until very aerated and pale.
- Add in the icing sugar and Dawn Passionfruit Compound.
- You can also adda bit of yellow food colour to enhance the colour of the buttercream to your desired shade.
syrup boil together the water, Dawn Passionfruit Compound and sugar until all sugar is melted. Let it cool.
Cut the cake into four equal layers and soak each one in some syrup. Sandwich all the chocolate cake layers with the vegan buttercream. Finish with a layer of cake.
Spread a thin amount of buttercream all over the cake to lock in all the crumbs, then refrigerate for 30 minutes. Finish decorating the whole cake with another layer of buttercream, piped rosettes on top and some sprinkles.